Blood donation is open for almost everyone with only a few limitations based on the medical conditions of the blood donor.
You can donate blood once every three months.
To be eligible for blood donation you must:
- Be 18 to 60 years old
- Have weight above 45 kg
- Have hemoglobin above 12 gm/dl
- Have blood pressure 110-160 / 70-96 mmHg
- Not to be pregnant, breastfeeding, and have at least 8 days since the start of the recent menstruation
- Not having recent use of drugs or strong medicines (people who take strong medicine for a short period will not able to donate blood from one week up to 2 years)
- Not to had a medical surgery for 2 years